Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Journal Entry #2

Date: October 31, 2007
Time: 23:19

Wow, I almost forgot! So much on my mind lately.

Down to business.

In the Wrap-Up Forum Thread I was asked about the process of being copyrighted and of course, I told what it was.

It then got me to thinking about the stories I submitted over two years ago. So, of course, I went to the website and looked for my submissions. It was the first time in I don't know how long that I smiled out of pure joy.

Of course I'd be more joyful if I were a published author, but for me, being copyrighted is fine for right now.

To see my name on file, to know that what I did, that the words I strung together are rightfully, and most importantly, legally, mine, is a feeling I can't really describe. Okay, I probably could, but I don't know how many people could really understand what I'm feeling unless they experience it for themselves.

It's like when I was writing my second original story, "The Beginning of the World", I would get so wrapped up in what I was doing, I knew of nothing else in the world. To me, at that moment, the words were everything and everything else was so secondary, it was to be non-existent. I'd even come close to forgetting a reading assignment for my business class at the time.

But even then, I was thinking about the story, and what would happen next.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are the stories I like best. The ones where you can't stop thinking about when you put down/finish the book.