Friday, July 11, 2008

Keep Digging

Date: Friday, July 11, 2008
Time: 22:23:23
Place: Home

So I wrote about reading “2008 – G-d’s Final Witness”, and I got a response to my entry. The fellow blogger informed me that the other witness is Weinland’s wife. Quelle surprise! The blogger also gave me a list of websites that debunk Mr. Weinland.
http://ironwolf.dangerousgames.com/forum/index.php http://www.shadowsofwcg.com/weinlandforum/index.php http://ambassadorwatch.blogspot.com/ http://asbereansdid.blogspot.com/ http://www.cogwriter.com/news/ http://dontdrinktheflavoraid.blogspot.com/ http://isitreallytheendtimes.blogspot.com/ http://shadowsofwcg.blogspot.com/ http://weinlandwatch.wordpress.com/

You know what gets me so angry at people like this? It’s how they play on people’s fears. Now, I am the first to admit how afraid I am at the thought of dying. It is a thought I am not overly fond of, in fact, I believe myself to be thanatophobic. The really odd thing about that is there was a time when I contemplated suicide. This is something I don’t normally tell people, but I did consider a couple of times.

I thought that I would fall out of my bedroom window. When you consider that at the time, we lived in a 33-story building, and we lived on the 31st Floor, taking a header out of the window sounds like a workable thing. But I have a tendency not to do anything impulsively. That being the case, I wondered how long it would take to fall. At that time, my brother, who was very good at drawing and painting, used to make paperweights out of rocks. He would draw a picture on a rock, paint it, spray shellac on it, and sell it. So I took the biggest rock I could find in his “collection”, and I weighed it. Then, after making sure nobody was around, I dropped the rock out of the window. Yeah, pretty stupid, but I was doing it for a reason. So I dropped it out the window, and I timed it. I found that it took 15 seconds for it to hit the ground.

What happened next is one of the things that prevented me from going ahead with it. I made a series of calculations, and discovered that it would take me 1.5 seconds to the hit the ground. 1.5 seconds, just did not seem like enough time to pray. The other thing that stopped me from killing myself was the thought of someone being happy when they learned of my passing. I thought that if they were happy, then that meant they didn’t like me, and if they didn’t like me then it was a safe bet that I didn’t like them. All of which meant, if my death would make someone who didn’t like me happy that I was gone, then I would keep living to spite them. Therefore, if my death made them happy, then my continued existence would really make them peeved.

So, what does all of that have to do with Weinland’s so-called “prophecy”? Simple really, mankind just has to keep going past the time he has figured for the end. If we do that and show how wrong he is, imagine how upset he will be. :-D

2 comments:

Mike (Don't Drink the Flavor Aid) said...

I'm the author of one of the debunking blogs you listed.

I'm curious about the nature of this assignment. What kind of class is this? Is this one of a number of such books assigned? Or is the instructor a follower of the False Prophet hoping to convert others?

Weinland Watch said...

I am also an author of one of the debunking blogs you listed.

"Simple really, mankind just has to keep going past the time he has figured for the end. If we do that and show how wrong he is, imagine how upset he will be. :-D"

The thing is, mankind already has gone past the dates Weinland set. First of all, the 144,000 were sealed on February 2, 2008, and then the seventh seal was opened (according to Weinland) on March 18, 2008, and finally the First Trumpet sounded (but only Weinland heard it) on April 17, 2008. Then Weinland claimed that "if by Pentecost" (June 8, 2008) 1/3 of all plant life in the US, and the deaths of tens of thousands, fire mingled with blood, did not occur, he would stop preaching.

It is now the middle of July, and Weinland is still preaching. His justification for this? He's given his church the three-finger salute, and "reset" the hard-and-fast timeline he gave. Other than a core following of completely thought-reformed "faithful", this has caused a considerable amount of exits in the church, since April 17, 2008. These dates were all given verbally and in sermons, with the exception of one publicly-leaked letter from Australian evangelist Wayne Matthews. There are no

The reason we are concerned is because you say you were "assigned" GFW to read. What "teacher" would assign this book, unless they were either a follower of Weinland's, or possibly an elder.

The sect was actively targeting underaged youth, via MySpace and the Internet, but after several of us brought public criticism to bear on the church for these questionable activities, they outwardly changed their policy (or so they claimed) with regards to recruiting underaged youth.

However, family members of underaged teens who were baptized prior to the church changing its policies (or paying lip service to changing its policies), are still active members of the church (or were, prior to the reboot of the timeline).

If one of the members of the church, or its elders, is coopting a college class or some kind of private, for-charge instruction, to recruit for the church, there may be legal recourse against them.

That is the only reason why we are curious about exactly how and why you were "assigned" GFW to read.

Thank you for your time, and I'm glad you haven't been sucked in by Weinland's (now failed) false prophecies.