Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Worse Than That

Date: July 16, 2008
Time: 21:14
Place: Home

Last night I was supposed to make an entry in my blog, but I didn't, I couldn't. I was suffering from a malady worse than Writer's Block.

I was suffering from Incoherency. I couldn't form a coherent thought.

I believe this to be worse than Wrtier's Block for the simple reason that with Writer's Block, you can't think of anything to write, your inspiration is down for the count. Incoherency is worse because your brain can't slow down enough for your thoughts and ideas to latch onto the words you have in your head so they can grow beyond being mere thougths and ideas.

So there I was, with all manner of thoughts and ideas, and I couldn't get them to settle down. I told them stories, I gave them candy, nothing. They just kept running around in my head. So I figured I'd get some sleep and maybe try it again this morning.

Wasn't happening. Sleep, nor settled thoughts were happening.

Therefore, don't let anyone tell you different, Incoherency, while not as well known (or even known as it's an illness I think I just made up) as Writer's Block is worse than Writer's Block.

No comments: