Monday, December 10, 2007

Journal Entry #42: Let's Pretend

Date: December 10, 2007
Time: 22:58

"Let's Pretend", "Let's Make-Believe", Now I know I'm not the only one who ever played that as a child. And no, I'm not talking about "The Land of Make-Believe" from "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood", although there was one part of the show that I actually liked. It was whenever they showed those little model buildings. I'm talking about the ones that you saw at the opening of every episode, and you would see them again whenever he went out of his house. Yes, those!

But getting back to what I was originally talking about, "pretending". Not to sound egotistical or anything, but I learned a long time ago how powerful an imagination could be. Sometimes, it was all I had.

I mentioned before how there were times when all I was allowed to do for entertainment was to listen to this dinky (read crappy), little AM radio. But when certain songs played, my bedroom window became my orchestra. It was pretty easy to imagine something where there was nothing because at the time, we were 31 floors up. At that height, the only mammals that could have poked fun at me were the seagulls, or the pigeons, and who were they to talk?

There were times though, when my pretend orchestra did not follow the arrangement I had seen in an encyclopedia. But since I was the conductor of this particular pretend orchestra, I could pretty much do what I wanted, and if I wanted the piano next to me as I conducted my pretend orchestra, then that's where the piano was going to be. :-รพ

No comments: