Sunday, December 2, 2007

Journal Entry #33: Bit Of A Rant

Date: December 2, 2007
Time: 00:11

Yes, I know, I'm writing this past Midnight. I had a bit of trouble with a possible virus. It happened while I was taking my Economics midterm. I was trying to find the answer to something and wound up accidentally downloading some software that looks for something called "Malware".

There are times, like now, when technology is more trouble than its worth. For every program or website that's helpful or informative, there's another that's of no use, or it's there simply to trap you into releasing a virus into your system, and thereby infect the systems of your friends and relations through your address book.

I've said this on many occasions to many different people and I'm saying it here:

If I had even half the talent and skill as even some of these hackers have, I would find a way to legitimately make money off of it. I would lease my services to whomever would pay me the most at any given time. Yeah, I know there would be people out there with better skills than I have, but who's to say I'm not that good?

You see, what galls me the most about these hackers is what they do with their skills and talents. They use them to annoy the rest of the world with their idiocy. They send out viruses and all manner of programs that will do nothing for anyone except ruin their computer systems and thereby cause them to lose their files, personal and otherwise.

The reason they do this is for the attention it brings to their sad, lonely little lives. They have nothing to do all day except be a pest to the rest of the world. Any, and every time I hear of a hacker, or spam artist, that gets their comeuppance, or better yet, time in jail, it brings a smile to my face. But, at the same time, it makes me sad that such a talented person had to screw themselves so badly.

No comments: