Saturday, December 15, 2007

Journal Entry #47: Imagery

Date: December 15, 2007
Time: 21:31

If you have a good enough imagination, and a decent enough memory, your head becomes a movie projector. You can remember cartoons and play them back in your head. Or you can read a book, and if it's based on a film, you can remember what the actors sounded like and put their voices to the words in the book. Now I'm not talking about hearing voices that aren't there, they are there, they're in your memory.

But every once in a while, if you allow yourself to let your mind focus on what it wants, then you can visualize almost anything. For instance, you can listen to a particular song, and visualize a music video to go along with it.

Okay, I admit it, I've found myself doing that very thing lately. But it seems to be to only one particular song. It's "Feliz Navidad" by Jose Feliciano. It doesn't happen all the time, just once in a while, I'll hear the song, and for some strange reason, something of a montage of Christmas-themed cartoons play along with the music.

Either it's one of the many wonders that is the human brain, or I'm just plain nuts.

No comments: