Monday, December 17, 2007

Journal Entry #49: Is That All There Is?

Date: December 17, 2007
Time: 21:53

I don't normally write about school in these entries, except to whinge about it, but this time is different. Tomorrow is the last day of this particular session, and the last day of the english class for which I signed on to do this blog.

I tried starting a blog on another site, but not much came of it. I know this was an assignment of sorts, but it was an assignment I actually enjoyed as it gave me a chance to show others my writing.

So, now that the class is over, that means this assignment is over, but does that mean I have to stop making entries? Not if I don't want to. It just means I don't have to make an entry every single night. Unless of course I feel like making an entry every single night. Decisions, decisions, what to do, what to do.

There are times when I have trouble making up my mind, it usually happens when I'm hungry, and there's nothing to eat at home, and I have no idea what I want, and I live in a neighborhood where almost any type of food is available. It's worse than the first time I ever stepped into a Baskin-Robbins®.

Before I did that, all I knew of ice cream was chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry, and all the "Mr. Softee" truck ever had was chocolate or vanilla soft-serve. So imagine being about 6 or 7 years old, all you know of ice cream, really know of it is two flavors, maybe three, and you walk into a place where they have Thirty-One Different Flavors. And I mean flavors you've never heard of before, flavors like "Cherries Jubilee", or "Rocky Road".

And then, you stand on your tip-toes, and you see them, the tubs of ice cream. Looking back, I'm surprised I didn't clutch the sides of my head and fall to the floor screaming in pain (Culture shock).

So where was I? Oh yeah, to blog, or not, to blog. Very good question.

I'll think I'll think about it for a while. :-รพ

No comments: