Thursday, December 13, 2007

Journal Entry #45: Location, Location, Location

Date: December 13, 2007
Time: 22:42

As I mentioned in an earlier entry, I've visited London 3 times, and the last time I was there I started feeling very comfortable.

Now, every once in a while, when I look at my mousepad, (which is a map of the London Underground), I get a feeling of homesickness, or it could just mean I want to go back (or so the would-be psychologists would try and have me believe. You know who you are.).

There is a website I used to visit called "Camvista.com". They have webcams all over Europe, and of course, many situated in and around London. Sometimes viewing those cams would only make things worse.

Lately, however, I don't feel as "homesick" as I used to, but I have been feeling something. What I've been feeling, and it came to me about a half an hour ago when I was looking at Google Earth. I'm beginning to wonder if I shouldn't be living in a different city. Which one? I don't know!

Look, all I know is, I'm trying to figure out where I belong, where I fit in, and I've been trying to figure that out for more years than I care to name, and I've been doing it in New York City. I haven't figured it out, so maybe I need to go somewhere else, maybe I need a different perspective on things and the only way I'm going to get that is if I go somewhere else.

So, of course, now I have a new problem. I have to try and figure out where I can go that can help me figure out where I belong. Well, if there's at least one thing I know how to do well, it's how to make things more complicated than they need to be.

No comments: