Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Journal Entry #44: Ambition

Date: December 12, 2007
Time: 23:57

People are always making mistakes when they attempt to figure me out.

For instance, the biggest mistake people make is assuming that because I am fat, I eat everything. I don't. I eat a lot of certain foods, and not all of them are very healthy.

Another mistake they make is thinking that I know everything. Wrong again. I know a little bit about a lot of different subjects. What aids me in this gathering of knowledge is my ability to remember a great deal of that information.

But I think the biggest mistake people have made is their thinking I have no ambition.

I believe I do have ambition, it just doesn't apply to what I am doing now. For example, my boss would like for me to get more involved in the day-to-day goings on at a construction contractor. Such as, like today, going to a jobsite and watching concrete getting poured. Fascinating, for about 3 nanoseconds. In fact, just the other day, she pointed out that I don't have much in the way of ambition. Of course, I disagreed. I said, "I have ambition, just not for this."

So I have ambition, I just don't what for, so I feel like I'm doing 90 in a car with rear-wheel drive, and the back wheels are up in the air.


No comments: