Sunday, August 3, 2008

Date: August 3, 2008
Time: 23:49
Place: Home

My mood right now is less than stellar. It's usually less than stellar but right now, it's worse.

In the other class I'm taking, Critical Thinking, I had to answer a Threaded Discussion about DeVry's Mission Statement. Two of my classmates did not take kindly to my negative outlook regarding DeVry. They questioned why I was spending all this time and money going to a school I do not particularly like.

I informed them that I came to DeVry because I thought it was what I was supposed to do since I have a background in working in a data center.

What I did not tell them, and quite frankly this is none of their damn business, that sometimes a decision is made in haste. In other words, I'm an idiot.

I enrolled in DeVry because I thought I had to, I thought it was the only option I could take.

Yes, I don't like a lot of the classes, I don't like what DeVry Inc. has done in regards to firing 145 people nationwide, I don't like the fact that many classes are only 8 weeks in length, when some should have remained at 15, I don't like a lot of things about DeVry, especially the tuition, but now that I'm here, now that I've been here for this long, and even when I could have dropped out clean, there's one thing that people should know about me:
I DON'T QUIT!

No comments: