Friday, August 22, 2008

Date: Friday, August 22, 2008
Time: 17:20
Place: Work

Okay, I am sick and tired of reading, hearing, and seeing the date, September 11, 2001, being abbreivated as 9/11. I have felt this way ever since the first pundit starting referring to it in that way.

Why do we have to shorten things? Are we in that much of a hurry to say things that we abbreviate them?

I am sick of "Brangelina" "TomKat" and all the other mashed up names people feel they have to use. This is tantamount to "chatspeak", and I am sick and tired of it.

I'm surprised we don't hear newsreaders use 12/7 when talking about Pearl Harbor, or is that off-limits because it led to the United States entering into World War II? And while I'm on that topic, we keep hearing how people want September 11 turned into a national holiday of some sort. Why not "Pearl Harbor Day"? Oh no, can't suggest that. Or what about "Titanic Day"? Hm? Oh, wait, that should be 4/12, or TD.

enuff w/abbreviations!

No comments: