Friday, August 8, 2008

Gang Aft Agley

Date: Friday, August 8, 2008
Time: 23:17
Place: Home

The title of this entry is from a poem by Robert Burns. It's called "To A Mouse". It is often misquoted as "The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray".

Anyway, some plans I've been making lately have been gang aft agley. In fact, I've been reluctant to not only make any plans, but I've been reluctant to talk about them if I've made any at all.

Take last week, I planned to go to this park I like and sit and read, and then sit and watch the world go by. By the time I made ready to leave, it started raining. By the time it stopped, I felt it was too late to be going down to the park.

Then there was this past week, I'd wanted something for dinner, the place I went to didn't have what I wanted, so I went somewhere else.

Then today, I'd made some sandwiches for my lunch, and I forgot to bring them.

No more planning for a while.

At least, that's the plan.

No comments: