Saturday, August 16, 2008

Date: Saturday, August 16, 2008
Time: 23:11
Place: Home

When I have had the occasion to be in a relationship, invariably, it ends. When that happens I proceed to eliminate everything that connects me to that person. I get rid of phone numbers, addresses, any gifts I might have been given. I keep the memories because I can't help but remember things, but everything else, gone.

It's sort of like cleaning a crime scene before the police show up.

I was once admonished for doing that, but I explained that there was no need for me to hang on to any keepsakes. Once a relationship is over, it's done, finito, gone with the wind. No need for any physical reminders.

Therefore, once I am sure that I will not need any of the links, or folders, or any files that I have created during my time at DeVry, I will get rid of them. This goes for any books I feel I can get rid of as well.

True, this might be considered burning bridges, but like I said, "No need for physical reminders." That goes for files and folders, as well as books and notes.

No comments: