Monday, August 4, 2008

Date: August 4, 2008
Time: 23:21
Place: Home

Once again, there is no title for the entry I'm making. Reason being, I'm not feeling very creative lately. I'm not even sure if I can write for 10 minutes this evening. I'm only making this entry because I don't want to be the one that caused the class to experience a punishment set down by our professor.

While a deal didn't really need to be struck to get me to write in this blog, in fact, a deal didn't have to be made to get me to write in this blog every day. But what must be understood is that as creative as I imagine myself, and as talented a writer as I purport myself to be, I am a human being and therefore subject to faults and foibles.

Among these faults and foibles are the suffering of writers block, incoherency, and just plain falling asleep and forgetting to make an entry. For instance, I can't think of what I should write next. Okay, here's something, and it may sound like Andy Rooney, but, ever notice how people spend so much time telling you how speechless they are about something?

How about this? "Patience is a virtue". If this is true, I don't feel very virtuous. If Silence is Golden, what is noisy, all that gold hitting the ground? Or how about this one? "What is the sound of one hand clapping?" What kind of BS is that? "If a tree falls in a forest, and no one is around to hear it, does it swear because it tripped?"

I have a question: What the hell is so fantastic about Cilantro? Every cooking show in existence seems to swear by it. Now that's where people should invest, cilantro farms.

No comments: