Thursday, November 15, 2007

Journal Entry #17: Dreams, Part II

Date: November 15, 2007
Time: 22:35
There were two dreams I had that were so vivid; I didn’t wake up when I started talking. You see, I have found that if I talk in a dream, I wake myself up. It’s as though my silence gives the dream a chance to finish. I wonder if by talking, I’m introducing a form of logic into a moment that is supposed to have no logic at all.

In any event, this one particularly vivid dream had me in a cemetery.

No idea how I got there, or why I was there, except I think I was walking through as a form of a short cut to somewhere else. Well, whatever the reason I was there, I remember walking off to the right, and I got to what was the top of a small hill. At the top of this hill was a small red brick building, probably a mausoleum. To the right of that was a large blackish-gray headstone. It was large enough to have a large enough base that would allow a person to sit on the base comfortably enough and be able to lean their back against the upright portion of the stone.

Sure enough, on the side of the stone that faced towards the bottom of the hill sat an old woman. She was dressed rather nicely, even wearing one of those old-fashioned hats with a knit veil on it. Even though it was a dream, the say this was happening on was bright and sunny. The woman appeared to be watching a funeral. I could tell from the expression on her face that it was hers. She dabbed at her eyes with a handkerchief a few times and I thought it rude of me to just stand there. So I went over and asked if anything was wrong.

Yeah, I know, dumb question, but I figured it would break the ice a little. She said how sad she was that her family had to go through this, what with her being ill and then dying. I looked down toward the burial site and saw how many people were gathered. All the seats were taken, a few more had been brought out from the chapel, and still there were a lot of people standing. I pointed out to her that with all that many people gathered to say goodbye that her family must have loved her dearly, regardless of having to deal with whatever illness she had. She looked back at the crowd that had lined up to throw flowers on the coffin, and she smiled, and then she said to me “You are a very astute young man. Thank you.” And she vanished.

Shortly after that, I woke up.

~Part 3 tomorrow~

No comments: