Monday, November 26, 2007

Journal Entry #28: Sentimentality

Date: November 26, 2007
Time: 22:45

I mentioned in an earlier post that holidays tend to make me a bit more emotional than usual. So I signed on to make an entry tonight, and there was something on the first page about uploading videos from YouTube. Hmm, let’s see, I’m a bit of an emotional wreck during the holidays, and YouTube has all manner of videos that are likely to set me off. Oh golly, whatever shall I do?

I’ve so far bookmarked “Do They Know It’s Christmas”, “We Are The World”, “Tears Are Not Enough”, which is by a group of Canadian singers, and just now, “Sun City” by Artists United Against Apartheid. Sometimes, you get a wave of nostalgia when you see videos from over 20 years ago, but what’s really interesting about these videos is who you see taking part and singing. People like Daryl Hannah, but when you realize she was going with Jackson Browne at the time then it’s not so difficult to see.

But the really interesting bit, the really, really bizarre moment occurred when I got more choked up watching and listening to the “Sun City” video, than I did from watching the other three. It just goes to show you, the least little thing can affect you in ways you never dream of.

No comments: