Saturday, November 24, 2007

Journal Entry #26: Pointlessness

Date: November 24, 2007
Time: 23:45

Sometimes I wonder, “What’s the point of it all?” I mean really, what is the point? What’s it all for? Why am I spending thousands of dollars that I’ll be paying off for the rest of eternity? What’s at the end of all this, really, seriously? The big problem I have with a lot of this, as I explained before is, I don’t know what I want to do!

I only seem to know what I don’t want. I don’t want to own, operate, start, or manage a business. I don’t want to be an accountant, or a financial analyst. I don’t want to be a programmer; I don’t want to be a computer system troubleshooter, if there is such a thing. In short, what the hell am I doing here if I don’t like a great deal of the classes I have to take for a degree that will probably do me no good if I have to take yet another job I DON’T WANT?!?

Do I have to beg? Really, do I have to beg and plead for someone to give me some sort of a test that will finally tap into my creative side? None of this crap about two trains traveling at different speeds, no math questions, nothing to do with “the purest form of logic”. Show me some pictures and ask me to write a story, or give me an idea for a story. In other words, let me write, it seems to be the only thing I’m happy with doing. But no, none of these people will let me.

So I ask again, what's the point?

No comments: