Saturday, November 17, 2007

Journal Entry #19: Fitting In

Date: November 17, 2007
Time: 21:53

I guess you would refer to this entry as something of a follow-up to “Acceptance”. The reason is I still don’t feel like I fit in anywhere. This isn’t some once in a while feeling, okay, maybe it rises to the surface every so often, but the feeling is always there.

I’m not really sure what it is exactly. Sometimes I feel like I was born at the wrong time, and I don’t mean night or day. I mean the year, the decade, sometimes even the century. Sometimes it’s a matter of geography. Was I really meant to be born in Brooklyn, or was it somewhere else in New York? Come to think of it, who says it had to have been in New York at all? Hell, come to that, who says it has to have been anywhere on the East Coast? There are even times when I wonder if I was really meant to be born in the United States.

And then, there’s that once in a while moment, when I’m laying in bed, the lights are off because I’m trying for some sleep, that little feeling that maybe, just maybe, I was supposed to either have been born, or have yet to be born, on another planet. And no, I don’t think it’s one of the planets in this particular solar system.

I just don’t know.

No comments: