Friday, November 16, 2007

Journal Entry #18: Part III

Date: November 16, 2007
Time: 22:10

The final dream I remember with vivid clarity took place in a park. Sort of.

The grass was a very dark green, and the trees were filled with green leaves. This would say to most people that it was either spring or summer. It was a cloudy day, and I was with some friends. We were tossing a large ball around and on this one toss to me, I missed it. No surprise there as I am lousy when it comes to sports.

The ball got past me and bounced onto this patio. Or at least it looked like a patio from where I was standing. When I got closer, I found out it was an upper deck of a ship. There were lounge chairs and tables for card playing, and these oddly shaped trees in these odd-looking pots. The trees were small, but their trunks twisted and curved themselves in strange ways. But what really made them look odd was the shelf that stood between the top of the pot and the middle of the tree. It was like something out of “The Jetson’s”.

There were a great many elderly people lounging about, and I excused myself and “begged pardon” on a grand scale. I couldn’t understand why at the time, but I felt as though I didn’t belong there, and I should be as polite as I could until I could find a way to get out of there. I remember I was holding the ball, and as I was being complimented on how polite I was I was invited to stay a while until the ship was ready to leave. And I said “I don’t think I belong here.” But some of them were insistent that I stay, and I kept telling them that I didn’t belong there.

I remember I kept on say that until I woke up.


My relating these dreams has been somewhat difficult for me in some ways as it dredges up a lot of memories associated with the dream. In point of fact, it dredges up the dream. I mean, yeah, I remember it and all, but I'm not in the habit of talking about it.

No comments: